Wednesday, April 01, 2009

It Would Appear That...

There really is not a whole lot to write about yet, as far as my current reading project goes. It does, without a doubt, live up to its reputation, as it is an absolutely exquisite reflection on human consciousness, but there is really nothing that is concrete enough to analyze in writing yet. I will say, though, that I understood the book much better while I was loaded up on oxycodone (which I'll mention more of later) over the weekend, which, in my opinion, adds to my theory that drugs can stimulate a certain creative element in the mind that might be otherwise untouched.

Little updates:
First Grove newsletter goes to press in a week.
Classes started yesterday, and my biology teacher looks like an older version of Aaron Eckhart.
I realized in Pilates just how embarrassingly weak I am in comparison with Evan.
My wisdom teeth removal went well, and I am, apparently, healing very quickly.
I learned that my pain medication had heroine in it, which I couldn't help but laugh at.
I've had a killer Whopper craving since Ash Wednesday, and am so eager for Easter.
I have a job at a new store in the mall, but am afraid that I won't make any money, due to the staggering amount of awesome clothing and shoes.
South Park has become one of my new favorite shows, and I actually think the writers are very observant of societal truths that don't generally see much light.
Castle has also taken a spot as a favorite, because it continually proves that there is more truth in fiction than in reality, which is exactly my belief.
I've learned, over the past few days, that having to chew with only your front teeth takes all of the joy out of eating, and that having any kind of dental surgery is a very effective form of dieting.

6 comments:

Bri said...

Did you know that you can break your fast during Lent on Sundays? So technically you could have Whoppers on Sundays...

Anonymous said...

Bri-Z:

SERIOUSLY!?!?! Why does no one tell me these things?

Chelserz:

No joke my prof actually said in class (without me saying anything about what I had read on here) that:
"You don't do well reading books when you're stoned. You think you do, but you don't." And no, I can't remember how exactly that came up, we were talking about Plato and virtue and moderation right beforehand.

-J

Chelsea said...

Well, he was wrong. He's supposed to say that. You go to a Christian college.

Then again, I don't think taking the prescribed amount of pain medication is considered being 'stoned'. So if you're stoned out of your mind, then there might be something to his statement. I wouldn't know. I just know Proust was easier to understand with a little heroine in my system.

Brianna, you are my hero. I'm getting a Whopper on Sunday. Hello, Burger King.

M@ndy said...

I think that people who tell you that you can break your fast on Sundays during Lent are just trying to find a way to "survive" the pit falls of giving something up and to make themselves feel less guilty for cheating.

Chelsea said...

I didn't get a Whopper anyway. I was too busy. How sad is that, that my life is too busy for fast food?

M@ndy said...

It is a little sad, but really funny at the same time. I know how you feel. I worked 23 hours this week and 13 this week plus classes and life in general. Woooo tired.