Monday, November 21, 2005

AH!

So, in English, we're doing all this stuff about the Holocaust now, and today we watched a movie/documentation thing on it. They interviewed some survivors and one of them talked about how she saw the Nazi soldiers taking Jewish infants and literally ripping them in half by their legs and then throwing them in a river. And I've been thinking about this for a bit, and I just don't get it. Maybe I'm just naive, or maybe I'm blinded by the way I feel, but I just can not understand how somebody could want to cause so much pain and suffering to anyone. It's driving me nuts, and I don't know...I just...I don't get it. It makes absolutely no sense to me. Usually I'm able to see both sides of an argument, even if I don't agree with one, but here...I'm drawing a blank.

No comments: