Saturday, June 10, 2006

Ride 'Em Cowboy!

So.

I went to a rodeo today. With my family and my dad's boss. And my aunt and uncle and cousin. And a lot of other people I don't know. They started the event off with a Bible verse and a prayer. Which I thought was way neat. And...

I actually had a really good time. Watching people get trampled by mad cows. Seeing a guy do a handstand while he rode his horse. Laughing when the two guys were on their horses on either side of the calf, trying to keep up with it, and the calf stops.(They keep going....smart calf)

I did, however, get a sunburn.

It kind of burns.

I was nervous out of my mind. I didn't want to do something stupid and make my dad look bad in front of "The Man." But he was a really nice guy. His wife is a sweetheart.

His ranch is beautiful.

His horses are gorgeous.

Although we didn't get to go riding after all. I must admit I was disappointed. But I did go see the horses.

And pet them.

And feed them.

(I am like a little kid, it's true.)

And he said "We'll do this again."

...Next time I will bring sunscreen.

2 comments:

M@ndy said...

Sounds like a smart idea...lol

Bri said...

HAHA just wait until I forget to put on sunscreen while on the missions trip then you will see what a real sunburn looks like! lol haha anyway that sounds fun I always like rodeos i think my favorite part is the clowns getting chased by the bulls it makes me laugh although sometimes they almost get hurt...so maybe not so funny unless you apply this saying " It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt......Then it's hilarious" lol