Thursday, August 31, 2006

Backpack's Back, Alright!

No, no. Not Backstreet. Backpack. Yes. Backpack. I went school supply shopping today. I can hardly wait for school! Oh man... I am such a nerd. I love it. I will most likely fail all my classes, but I am still excited... very excited.
I got a new backpack and it's pretty much bigger than I am. It's huge. I could sleep in it.
...Almost.

Only I can't... because all my school stuff is in it!!! That's right. Pens, pencils, markers, highlighters, paper, spiral notebooks, that portfolio thingy that I've had since freshman year that says "Follow Jesus, It Will Get You Killed." on the front.
(That quote, by the way [courtesy of James], had been quite the conversation starter... I'm pretty sure my freshman science teacher thinks I'm a nutcase. And lots of kids like to comment on it. It's amusing. I think I confuse people...)

So I went shopping, came home, labeled my classes on my dividers, packed everything away into my backpackthat'sbiggerthanIam and am now ready for school.
Pretty much, anyway.
I still have a little back-to-school clothing shopping to do, but... close enough.

Eek! I'm so dang excited!

OH! Speaking of eek... There was a spider in my house last night. Pretty much the biggest spider I have ever seen. Ever. In my ENTIRE life. It was HUGE. I was sitting here at the computer and all the sudden I heard Sarah go "WHOA!" and I turn... and there was a giant spider headed right for me. My parents were asleep. I screamed. My parents weren't asleep anymore...
Sarah told me to go get a shoe. So I did. But then I just stood there because I was too afraid of the spider to move. Sarah took the shoe, but then she didn't do anything either. Except say "Go get Dad..."
So, I went and got my dad, who was mad because I screamed and woke them up. He told me I would have to kill the spiders on my own someday. I told him the spider was the size of my hand. He didn't believe me... until he saw it. So, thankfully, he killed it. And then he went back to bed. And I went back to the computer.

And I know that has nothing whatsoever to do with school... but I just thought I'd let you know...

Beware of giant hairy spiders at night.

3 comments:

James said...

that story is enrapturing.

Bri said...

Wow chelsea!! lol that's quite funny...anyway...I got a new backpack too lol it's green and my highlighters are the clickable ones they're pretty cool oh and I got new crayola twistable colored pencils since you broke some of them last year lol so it's all good lol

mo said...

wow!! i cannot belive you are excited about going back to school...pyscho...anyways i think the spider is pretty funny. well love you and i will see you soon.

mo