Friday, August 25, 2006

Romans 7:15-24

"For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do.
If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good.
But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find.
For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice.
Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good.
For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man.
But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?"



Wrap your head around that.

2 comments:

Bri said...

What version of the Bible did you use!!? I got a little confused and lost...maybe I'm just a lil stupid i dunno but that was a lil hard to follow...

Chelsea said...

Hahaha.

We studied that last Wednesday.

James said that if anyone got it when he read it the first time through, he'd give them a quarter.
(We all got a little confused and lost)

I used the New King James Version. The Message is easier to understand, but I like this one.